I have finally found the courage and motivation to take up writing again. I see this posting of my innermost thoughts as a cathartic way of dealing with the world, a release valve for when I want to blow off steam, a space for my socio-political rantings against Republicans and also, for those that know OF me to actually get to know me. Thoughts, comments and suggestions are always welcome ... lets do this!

Monday, August 22, 2005

Why Are People So Nasty?

Okay, I've had enough! It seem as though the older you get the less common your courtesy becomes. Allow me to explain.

Picure it: A well known and reputable engineering firm after lunch. I've had my light lunch consisting of mostly vegetables and a chicken sandwich. Naturally, I will need to relieve myself in the bathroom after consuming so many greens. I head to the largest bathroom in the plant consisting of several toilet stalls and choose one far from the door and in a corner. Unlike some folks, I like to keep my personal doings in a bathroom to myself.

No sooner have I "taken a seat" then some 350 lb old white man, sweating from his trip to the bathroom and breathing like Darth Vadar plops down in the stall RIGHT NEXT to me. Mind you, there are about 20 stalls in the entire bathroom and this a-hole decides he likes the one adjacent to where I am. I watch in muted horror as his feet turn and point towards the stall door in the "number 2" position. Trapped by my own bodily calamities, I have no choice but to stare like a white woman trapped in a closet with an ax murderer on the loose as the aforementioned monster unceremoniously lowers the jeans his wife bought in 1985 and claps his generous ass cheeks on the toilet stall.

What occurs next is no less than the brutal raping of my ears. In between the animalistic grunts and groans comes a sound more at home in an Iraqi battlefield than in a civilian bathroom. Someone did not take their Metamucil this morning! I cover my ears and begin to rock back and forth, "Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly... fly far far away. Dear God, make me a bird, so I can fly... fly far far away."

After quickly finishing my own business, I run to the sink, hurriedly wash my hands and run out of the bathroom, feeling like I could collapse in tears in a hot shower after scouring my flesh with a Brillo pad.

Why the hell do people do this? Its not like I am hiding my feet so that you can not see that you are jumping into a stall right next to someone else. Perhaps they think I need the companionship or maybe a hand to hold?
Fuck it. I'm just going to go home after lunch from now on.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Julio!

I feel you one that for real. Unfortunately at my job there are only 3 stales in the Women's bathroom...but when there are more, I really do my best to avoid other ppl. But there's always that one bastard that no matter what wants to be right next to you while you take a squat! Jeez. Anyway, funny story, sorry you were tramatized.

Natasha

9:47 PM

 
Blogger Bobby Brown Jr. said...

EWWWW! and i havent had eaten yet! Thanks Julio!

3:47 PM

 
Blogger TLO said...

that was to funny

5:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home